Re: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) introduces the rootless security model

OK, cool!

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM, T. V. Raman <tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If sudo can stil write to /usr/local then you can do
make config PREFIX=/usr/local
sudo make install PREFIX=/usr/local

But it's unclear to me why a novice user needs to do a make
install -- if novice users should not be running sudo.
    Koichi> Hi, I understood. In my opinion, for novice users who
    Koichi> does not realize the place they are writing into,
    Koichi> rootless will be useful feature to avoid the system
    Koichi> messed up. But it may prevent them from using
    Koichi> Emacspeak at all. How about documenting this case at
    Koichi> the place the instruction for OS X resides?
    Koichi>
    Koichi> Victor Tsaran <vtsaran@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
    Koichi>
    >> As always, I'm mostly concerned about novices and not
    >> power users. I know we have alternatives. :)
    >>
    >> Sent from a device
    >>
    >>
    >>> On Sep 14, 2015, at 6:46 AM, Koichi INOUE
    >>> <inoue@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi Victor,
    >>>
    >>> I'm not on El Capitan yet, but I think it is not so big
    >>> concern, because you may be allowed to write in
    >>> /usr/local. /usr/bin/emacs bundled in Current OS X
    >>> Yosemite is 22.1.1, so I always install newest Emacs with
    >>> Homebrew into /usr/local.
    >>>
    >>> Best regards.

    Koichi> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    Koichi> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
    Koichi> "unsubscribe" or "help".