Re: A few questions on how Emacspeak handles text and long lines

Victor,

The handling of punctuation chars that you describe is a bug.

It appears to only apply to letter handling not to normal q commands.

I'm at work ATM and can't look at this to closely.  It appears at a
first glance that we are not applying the punctuation mapping to
letters.

Exactly where the left star paren pronounciation comes from isn't clear.

The fix is likely to be to just apply processing to the letters before
they are spoken.

I'll try and look at this in the next little while.  Life is crazy for
me at the moment as we have a 3 week old baby so free cycles are few and
far between.

Should be relatively easy to fix though.

Kind regards

Bart