Emacs and outline-minor-mode

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could explain how exactly outline-minor-mode is to be used with emacspeak?  I do not mean the keystrokes, etc - that I am able to gather from the manual.  My issue is more that I am not sure that I have correctly understood what it does.

I had thought that hiding everything but headings would allow me to step through the text heading by heading.  However, using the arrow keys to move around appears to just present the original document.  I have to therefore assume that either the hide feature is not working or more likely that the arrow keys automatically reveal hidden blocks.  In which case, there must be another way to walk through the heading tree structure.

So how exactly is it done?  Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.  I hope to be able to walk across the major  sections of a document/source file expanding and collapsing sections as the documentation describes.

Many thanks

Saad