Question: does Emacspeak not work with todo-mode?

Hi,
I was trying out Emacspeak with todo-mode today, and it doesn’t seem to be working well with it. For example, if I add a todo item and press ‘h’ to remove the headers, Emacspeak still reads the headers, but navigating by characters verifies that there is no header displayed on the screen.
I know that there is org-mode and I can use that, but todo-mode is much simpler to use and digest. :-)
Thanks!