Buffer name is sometimes not spoken when changing buffers with shift+right/left arrow keys

Hi all,
I’m on Mac OS Sierra, and I just did a git pull today (I’m on commit ed85fec74088d703e9636cd378163c31fd4835d2).
When using the shift+right/left arrow keys to change buffers, sometimes the buffer names are not spoken, and I instead hear something like “Top”, “Bottom”, or “%”, depending on what the location of the cursor is.
I was wondering if there’s a way to fix this, or if anyone else is also experiencing this.
Steps to reproduce are very simple. Just open Emacs, and use the shift+right/left arrow keys to navigate between buffers. this should start happening after a few tries.
Thanks!