Question: Which mode is the most similar to a terminal?

Hi,
Since Voiceover on Mac does some weird things in the terminal, I am looking for a terminal replacement. I was wondering which mode in Emacs would be a good fit; I know some like eshell, shell-mode, and some other stuff, but I have no idea which one acts more like an actual terminal.
Thanks a lot!