Messing with .asoundrc: Is it worth it?

Hi all. I'm starting to get into Linux stuff more, so I thought I'd try
my hand with .asoundrc files. I failed. I copied and yanked contents of
the asoundrc files into a created, empty, ~/.asoundrc file, but
afterwards, Voxin didn’t work. So, any ideas? My global configuration is
below: I mainly want the notification stream to be on the right or left,
but Ladspa plugins wouldn’t hurt though. :)

# Use PulseAudio by default
pcm.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
  hint {
    show on
    description "Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)"
  }
}

ctl.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
}

# vim:set ft=alsaconf:

--
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.
Email: r.d.t.prater@xxxxxxxxxxx