install failure

When I do the final sudo -H make install, why is emacspeak Make file trying to compile the outloud server every time? Before I did that, I went into builds/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak and did a sudo -H make install in that subdirectory and tested the espeak script and that script spoke. I don't have outloud on this machine and don't anticipate installing it either. My DTK_PROGRAM variable had export DTK_PROGRAM=linux-espeak done to it before I did any of this building but Makefile still wants to compile outloud.