Default speech rate

Hello,

I am developing a custom emacspeak server. Now I implemented the tts_sync_state command. It always sets the speech rate to 75.

Where that "75" came from? It causes me problems, I always need to set the speech rate manually after I run a new emacspeak instancefor testing.

I know that I can do something in my init file to overcome this, I am just interested in what causes this behaviour. It is not customizable (through custom).

Thanks!