Question: Emacspeak and Display ""?

Hi,
I have been using the todo-mode for a while. The header text which is the date the task was added got annoying for me, so I tried to turn it off by typing in `fh'.
However, I noticed that Emacspeak is still reading the line completely, with the headers. A little bit of exploring through `M-x describe-text-properties' showed that part of the line's `display' property is being set to "", which i suppose is the author's way of saying, show nothing.
Is this something that will be useful to fix in Emacspeak's `emacspeak-speak-line' function, or should we filter this out in the advice? I imagine this is a hacky way that some other packages might use as well, hence the question.
Thanks a lot!

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|