Right Single Quote Breaks Speech Up

Hi,
There's a problem I face a lot when reading books with Emacspeak, and that's the single right quotation mark, instead of apostrophe.
First off, I'm using the latest Emacs and Emacspeak HEAD on Mac OS 10.13.5.
When I'm reading a line like this with the punctuation level set to None, it's read correctly:
It's a test.
However, this one isn't:
It’s a test.
I logged what Emacspeak is sending to the TTS, and ’ does get replaced by ' (which, judging by the unicode handling code is what is supposed to happen). However, somehow this character it causes the text to be queued in different chunks.
As an example, in the first case, "it's a test" is queued in one go. However, in the second case, "it", "'", and "s a test" are queued up.
Is it possible to make the behavior the same? Iin other words, don't chunk text when encountering characters like this?
Thanks!

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|