Question: how do personalities work?

Hi,
I have an issue when using Magit.
The issue is that in the pop-ups that magit displays, toggles that have a default seem to have a different face. For example, if you press `b` to open the branch pop-up, and if you go down to the option you can toggle with r which is called rebase, the currently chosen field has the face called `magit-popup-option-value`, while the other options have the `magit-popup-disabled-argument` face.
I was thinking of submitting a patch, but then I figured I have no clue about the rationale of voices. What voices are used for what reason? Is there a document suggesting voices for different contexts, or am I getting this entirely wrong?
Thanks!

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|