Bug: loading emacspeak with emacs 27.0.50 causes a warning

Hi,
In `emacspeak-preamble.el' line 57, there's a call to `package-initialize'. However, this causes a warning in the newer versions of Emacs because you're not supposed to call `package-initialize' yourself any more.
I looked at the code of `package-initialize', and one way to do this seems to be to check if `package--initialized' is `t'. This would work fine, but the fact that this variable is not documented and has two dashes in the middle makes me think that it's an internal variable and Emacspeak shouldn't depend on it.
Do you have an idea how this can be fixed? Is my suspician of not depending on `package--initialized' correct? If so, is there another way to do this?
Thanks!

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|