Problem getting command to bind to control with emacs mac port

Hello,
I have emacs and emacspeak installed on my macbook air running macOS 10.15.3 Catalina. I am using the emacs-mac port of emacs. I am having issues getting command to bind to control so I can use command as control. I went into the mac specific settings in emacs and changed it there but it does not work. What can I try to get this to work? It will make emacs much easier to use on my mac.

Greg Wocher