hexl-mode and package updates

Hello,

I’m running latest Emacspeak master on Emacs 26.3.

I can mark packages for update with c-h p then u, but pressing x to actually execute the updates gives me “symbol’s function definition is void: calendar-date-string” and the confirmation prompt does not appear.

Also, it seems that hexl-mode doesn’t speak at all? (visiting a file with hexl-find-file then attempting to arrow around doesn’t speak).

Thanks,

Bill