[Emacspeak] Emacs on the Mac: sounds don't play

Hi all. I’m trying to get Emacspeak, version 54.0 or newer, to work on the Mac. I’ve gotten speech to work, but the sounds don’t play. I’m using the newest cask of Emacspeak-mac from RailwayCat. I notice that the Emacspeak part of customize now just uses a system play program, rather than emacspeak-serve-auditory-icons or emacspeak-play-auditory-icons. I set that to /usr/local/bin/play, which works on the terminal to play sounds from ~/emacspeak/sounds/3d/alarm.wav and such, but that doesn’t seem to work within Emacspeak. My .emacs.el file was taken from one I found on this list earlier this year. I needed to start over, as Emacspeak wasn’t even starting all the way on the previous one. Now, Emacspeak in Emacs in the GUI takes maybe 30 seconds to completely start, shown by the startup icon playing for a moment, stopping for a while, then finishing. In the Terminal, it starts up much more quickly, but still not instantly.

Now here’s something; when I run Emacs in the Terminal, with emacs -nw, the “button.wav” sound from the pan-chimes theme works, but no other sound works. Attached is my .emacs.el file, if that holds any clues. Thanks for any help with this!

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|