[Emacspeak] Re: Crashes on macos on startup

Hi Isaac,

glad you are now able to get it working.

Interested to know what you found 'strange' about the railwaycat
version. I didn't notice much along these lines and found overall it
worked far better. Note that one of the things I do like about it is
that you can set an option to turn off the voiceover screen reader while
running in a terminal, which is really useful as it means you don't get
the conflicts you mention and you don't have to turn off voiceOver.

Tim

Isaac Leonard via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> Hi Tim and Victor
> I went with the second version and it seems to be working fine now thank
> you.
> I tried out the railwaycat version however it was a bit strange in both
> GUI mode and terminal mode.
> Reverting back to the normal version and making the edits to emacspeak
> seem to work well for now.
> Thank you for the help.
> BTW I use the GUI version launched from the terminal as it seems to conflict with voiceover and tdsr
> (terminal screen reader) the least while not disabling them.
> Tim Cross via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:
>
>> Good point Victor - I forgot about that issue. I was never able to
>> reproduce it using the railwaycat version.
>>
>> One additional step to take if Isaac decides to modify the Emacspeak
>> sources is to ensure you do a make clean, make config and make. While
>> just running make will probably work, the make clean; make config and
>> make workflow is much more reliable and a good habit to develop.
>>
>> Victor Tsaran via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Isaac!
>>> We have discussed this issue on this list a few  months ago
>>> There are two possible ways to get around this crash.
>>> 1. Install the RailwayCat version of Emacs. You will need to add another tap to your homebrew installation. Just search for
>>> RailwayCat Emacs and the installation instructions will be there.
>>> 2. Modify the lisp/emacspeak.el file and replace every instance of
>>> make-thread
>>> with