[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak at the forefront of innovation yet again

True. One *can* do that with Emacspeak, but you'd probably have to code it yourself. Oh and I did try Emacs with Emacspeak and Voxin on WSL 2, still too slow to be useful. Ah well.
Devin Prater
gemini://tilde.pink/~devinprater/

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:47 PM Christopher Chaltain via Emacspeak <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Agreed. One thing I do like about JAWS though is that with the Nuance voices I can choose a different voice for things like the PC cursor, the JAWS cursor, messages and typing feedback. I also like this little bit of extra feedback which comes at no cost.

--

Christopher (AKA CJ) Chaltain

Chaltain at Outlook

From: Devin Prater via Emacspeak <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 8, 2021 7:49:41 AM
To: Tim Cross <theophilusx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak at the forefront of innovation yet again

Not only are Emacspeak's soundscapes more varied, they can *change* based on context. No screen reader comes close to what Emacspeak does with using speech changes to convey information. Narrator, on Windows, tries, but is locked into the limits of theOneCore TTS engine. I'm hoping that Windows 11 has a slightly faster WSL GUI thing, so that I can use Emacspeak there, in Emacs on WSL.