[Emacspeak] Re: Line echo and text-mode on emacspeak 53

Greg Priest-Dorman <priestdo(a)budgardr.org> writes:

Couple of things:

1. Rather than not upgrading a while, and having that build up stress (I
   know the feeling) I'd suggest doing a git clone and just running from
   there -- do a periodic git pull. The master branch is what I run on
   all my machines.

See the make wk (git worktree) make rule for how you can keep a stable
version checked out as well.

Re spell-checking, yes, I remember this was an essential tool for you.

A few things you may want to try from the newer world of emacs:

1. package auto-correct on melpa

2. Flyspell and the various helper pacakges that provide different UIs
   to flyspell, pick one that works for you -- this will help you
   overcome the problem you always had with ispell and its way of
   showing the choices

--

Thanks,

--Raman