[Emacspeak] Re: What speech servers is everyone using

Isaac Leonard via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> I've recently just started to set up emacspeak on a raspberry pi and
> currently have it working well with espeak.
> I'm not a fan of how low quality and robotic espeak sounds and I can't
> find a way to easily change voices with it.
> I've investigated the options for outloud but they all seem to be dead,
> lack documentation or require payment.
> I normally use emacspeak on my mac with the mac speech server but its
> only availible on macos so not usible on the pi.
> What other options are people using or if you're using one of the above
> mentioned ones how did you make it work?

Have a look at voxin on the oralux.org site. While it does cost money,
it is very little. I use it for outloud on Linux, but I think it may
have support for the Raspberry pi. It also has some newer vocalizer
voices (though it doesn't have emacspeak support for these yet).

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|