[Emacspeak] advising emacs slack client

I'm using slack increasingly and the emacs client is already usable.
It could use a fair bit of advising though. Before I start down this
road (slow given other commitments) I thought I'd check whether anyone
else is doing/planning this. It looks like one might start with
lui-mode. I also wouldn't mind any pointers on how to go about this
process though I'm happy to dig on my own if needed.
cheers
Peter

--
Peter Rayner