[Emacspeak] Re: Fwd: Query about speech output when command uses `read-event`/`read-char*`

Narendra Joshi via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

The core issue is that disabled-command-function calls read-event
without a prompt (prompt is optional per emacs, but emacspeak needs a
prompt that it can speak).

Have filed a feature request on emacs-devel; in the meantime, your fix
to bind recursive-edit to C-z in special-event-map is not a bad solution
--- please continue using it and report back if it creates any
unforeseen problems.

--

Thanks,

♈ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮