[Emacspeak] Re: Patch to enable Vertico support

"T.V Raman via Emacspeak" <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:
Hi Chris, Nicely done -- thanks for a clean patch that stuck to all of
Emacspeak's coding conventions.

I've checked your code in, but would like to request a couple of
changes:

All of emacspeak is written using the original defadvice from package
advice.el -- please convert your code to that  pattern.

I've not switched emacspeak over to nadvice because some of the things
emacspeak does are difficult to  do with nadvice --- also it would be a
very large change that if ever done will have to be done
automatically. So for now, it's important to not have a mixture of the
two types of advice in the code base.

2. Also, when you write code, please make to sure fix all byte-compiler
   warnings, I fixed a couple by adding appropriate cl-declare
   statements. Incidentally doing that over the years made porting
   Emacspeak to lexical scoping a breeze, so it's something I require
   across the codebase.

   I've not yet used vertico yet,  but your code has no issues other
   than the above.

   I've pushed it to Github --

--

Thanks,