[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak on Android

Hi,

The value of emacspeak-auditory-icon-function was emacspeak-serve-auditory-
icon both on my laptop, where it worked, and on my phone, where it didn't.
Changing it to emacspeak-play-auditory-icon gives me all the more complex
auditory icons on my phone, and, curiously, sometimes (but not always)
doubles auditory icons on my laptop.

However, even with the auditory icons working on my phone, I still don't
hear the text of the table of subsections at
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Using-IMAP.html
unless I read it character by character.  I'm starting to think that this may be because it's a table, rather than because it's got links in it, but I haven't thought of any handy tables without links I can test it on.  I also get silence when reading the tabulated lines of an apropos window, which have a function name in the left-hand column and a keyboard shortcut in the right-hand column, but even there, the function names act as links.

So maybe there are two things going on here: emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon
not working in Debian in UserLAnd on Android, and the text of tables not
being read aloud in the same environment.  But maybe they have the same
underlying cause?  I don't know.

All the best,

Tim
<><