[Emacspeak] Re: Introduction & Voice Configuration Questions

Here is what I have for this file

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42 Jun 27  2021 /opt/oralux/voxin/rfs32/eci.ini
-> ../../../../var/opt/IBM/ibmtts/cfg/eci.ini

but according to another poster on this list I need a different speech
server?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:34:32 -0500,
<prayner(a)unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> I'm guessing from this and later comments that you don't have any of
> the old ibmtts voices installed. Check for the existence of the file
> /opt/oralux/voxin/rfs32/eci.ini which is the config file that my
> version reads on startup. The error you're getting is one I had when
> doing a voxin instalation in the years before oralux made the process
> much easier.
> btw to check which file it was opening I used an old, brutal but
> robust approach:
> strace -f -ooutfile ./outloud
> outfile then contains every system call made by ./outloud and all the
> processes it spawns. Far, far too much information usually but a bit
> of judicious searching is often useful when all else fails.
> John Covici via Emacspeak writes:
> >I have had the same problem, I installed emacspeak, I have voxin
> >working using orca, but here is what I get when I try to use ./outloud
> >from the servers directory under emacspeak:
> >
> >Using SoX
> >19No language foundtts
> >    while executing
> >    "load $tclTTS/atcleci.so"
> >        (file "./outloud" line 459)
> >

> >On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 03:16:26 -0500,
> >Ishe Chinyoka via Emacspeak wrote:
> >>

> >> HI David,
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, for me on Archlinux, Voxin fails to work in
> >> Emacspeak. I
> >> even tried the option of downloading the Emacspeak Installer from
> >> Oralux. Restarting my system did not have the Voxin
> >> voices. Putting that
> >> line of "
> >> (setq "dtk_Program" "outloud")"
> >> instead results in Emacspeak going silent. So I had to just
> >> resign to
> >> the fact of using Espeak voices.
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >>

> >> Ishe

> >> --
> >> Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
> >> while bad people will find a way around the laws.
> >> - Plato (427-347 B.C.)
> >
> >--
> >Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
> >How do
> >you spend it?
> >
> >         John Covici wb2una
> >         covici(a)ccs.covici.com

> Peter Rayner (he/him), Room 371, Building 200, University of Melbourne
> Academic Lead - Climate & Energy College <https://www.climatecollege.unimelb.edu.au>
> mobile +61 402 752 379, skype: petermorag
> zoom id 4431343191, join at  <https://unimelb.zoom.us/j/4431343191?pwd=a1E5Z3JEOTRVQUJsaVdRbVUvR1QyZz09>
> mail-to: prayner(a)unimelb.edu.au TWITTER: @raynerstrings
> google scholar <https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=H3up71wAAAAJ&hl=en>
> I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work, the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation, and pay my respect to their Elders, past and present
> I am sending this email when convenient for me, please only respond when convenient for you

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici(a)ccs.covici.com