[Emacspeak] Mac server in MacOS 12.3 (beta)

Hi all. In the latest version of MacOS, they’ve removed their built-in Python version, expecting people to download it from homebrew or Python’s site. This is kinda good, since now system Python won’t have to be out of date. Anyway, this does break the Mac speech server. First, it looks like it is written in Python2. So, I ran 2to3 on it, and that cleared up that. Then, it couldn’t find the foundations module. I found that at:

https://pypi.org/project/pyobjc/

That version is newer, or different, than the one the Mac speech server expects, so it may expect different things. I’m trying to fix an error in my init file for now, so I’ve not actually gotten much out of it.

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|