[Emacspeak] Using Emacspeak with straight.el as Package Manager?

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with running Emacspeak with straight.el? I've tried the recipe from the emacsmmirror, but that didn't seem to work on its own (I had to do a :post-build ("make" "espeak") to compile the speech server which wasn't too bad, but that's as far as I managed to get).  Also, I think that Emacspeak is confused since Straight symlinks the elisp files to ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/emacspeak and some of the variables are expecting the root directory of the emacspeak repository itself, namely this variable definition:
;;;###autoload
(defvar emacspeak-directory
  (expand-file-name "../" (file-name-directory load-file-name))
  "emacspeak directory")
which I'm fairly certain should be something along the lines of:
;;;###autoload
(defvar emacspeak-directory
  (expand-file-name "../" (file-name-directory (file-truename load-file-name)))
  "emacspeak directory")
Furthermore, the autoloads file doesn't appear to be correct, so I wound up changing (load "emacspeak-loaddefs") to (load "emacspeak-autoloads") in emacspeak-setup.el
Up til now, these are the approaches I've tried, so I am wondering if anyone has had any success in getting emacspeak to work with straight.el, and if so, what approach did you take?

Thanks,

Hunter

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|