[Emacspeak] Switching the C-e prefix key to another binding

Hi Emacspeakers,

I'm back with another question. I'm looking to rebind the C-e Emacspeak prefix key to C-z. On Windows I had done this pretty successfully with these:

(global-set-key (kbd "C-z") emacspeak-keymap)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-e") 'end-of-line)

That kind of works on Linux as well, in that C-z works as the prefix key and C-e works as a direct hotkey to go to end of line. However, some actions, like switching buffers with C-x b, now produce this error:

Key sequence C-e starts with non-prefix key C-e

Is the buffer switching dependent on some macro or similar? How would you recommend rebinding C-e to another key sequence?

I'm currently on Ubuntu 20.

Best,
Patrick

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|