[Emacspeak] Strange error when trying to run Emacspeak in WSL

Hi, everyone!

With the recent introduction of WSL-G and audio, I’ve been trying to make Emacspeak work in WSL. I’ve installed emacs and built emacspeak and the espeak speech server. In my config, I have:

(load-file “~/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el”)

(espeak)

But when firing up Emacs, I get no sound. Running OCR shows the following error:

Invalid function: (PULSE SINK tts-notification-device)

I have libpulse-dev installed, as well as mplayer, tcl, tclx, sox, and libespeak-ng-dev.

Has anyone seen this before, and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Quin.

Sent from Mail for Windows

|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Mailing list's archive of current year by month|