[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak Location

> On Apr 21, 2023, at 11:39, T.V Raman via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> wrote:
>
> Not sure what the use case for checking the above in a Makefile is --
> Emacspeak is designed to run from where you unpacked it and this keeps
> things simple; that also means that the Makefile can find out where the
> emacspeak location is all by itself; so launching emacs to check the
> value of a variable is just recursively confusing.

In order to make my swiftmac server easier to install while people are
testing it, I need to add it to the servers directory and add its shell scripts
and itself to the .servers -- so for now I hacked up a little emacs script
that I can run with --batch that loads normal configs then returns the
value of emacspeak-directory -- seems to be working well so far.

Eventually once merged into mainline that won't be needed anymore.
Got one crashing bug left that seems to be from my direct play of tones
to fix (when tones come too fast), once that is fixed I should be able to
contribute it.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton