[Emacspeak] Compiling emacspeak on Nix OS

Hello,

I've been trying to get the latest emacspeak to work on nix OS, as 56.0 has some issues, mainly to do with sounds not playing and shortcuts I'm used to not being there. Everything is fine until it tries to compile the espeak server. I end up getting the following error:

tclespeak.cpp:41:10: fatal error: espeak-ng/speak_lib.h: No such file or directory
   41 | #include <espeak-ng/speak_lib.h>
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [<builtin>: tclespeak.o] Error 1
Can't build espeak server!

This was after I ran make espeak in the emacspeak directory. I tried installing espeak-ng both in regular and environment packages, that didn't fix it. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just me being new to nix?

Harley