Re: [Emacspeak] Detecting emacspeak directory

I recommend you do nothing -- focus on getting the swiftmac server  to
be really high-quality.

1. Right now it's in the emacspeak git repo,  which is where
   bleeding-edge users live
2. So they dont need hand-holding; if they do, then they dont belong
   on the bleeding edge.
3. All your make script should do is to install a symlink to the
   binary it builds in  the servers directory of your checkout
4. The .servers file is checked in, so adding swiftmac to it is a
   one-time operation.

   1. When given the choice between clever and simple, always pick simple.

   2. Lazy programmer is a good programmer (Larry Wal, author of Perl).

   3. Emacspeak in 28+ years has had a server added to it roughly once
      every 5 years; the effort to add a server should reflect that.

   4.  I think you would benefit from reading TAOUP by Eric Raymond