[Emacspeak] Providing a more intuitive way to set dtk-speech-rate

Hi,
Maybe I’m missing something here, but setting `dtk-speech-rate’ is not as intuitive as `Mac-default-speech-rate’.
Here is what I tried:
  • Using `M-x customize-group <RET> tts <RET>’: found no customizable value here. `dtk-default-speech-rate’ is available here, which made it very easy to set up
  • Using defvar: this didn’t work either
  • Using `defvar-local’: this did it. I found this in the Emacspeak source code, and not sure if this is the right way to set this value
I think using customise for values like this is very user-friendly, will keep my init files cleaner, and will prevent newcomers from having to dive deep into Emacspeak internals.
Thanks,
Parham