Re: [Emacspeak] Pipewire v 1.0.2 broken

Hi Raman,

the software dectalk server doe snot link directly to alsa. There is no
line in the Makefile for -lasound.

However, the server does link against the dectalk shared library
tts_us.so, which is linked against asound.so.

Looking at the output from configure for the dectalk software, it looks
like the dectalk can link against pulse, but as I didn't have the
pulseaudio-libs-devel package installed, it linked against alsa.

I've now installed pulseaudio-libs-devel and rebuilt the dectalk
package and it now works.

So the trick seems to be you must ensure you have the
pulseaudio-libs-devel pacakge installed. Without it, the dectalk softare
will fall back to linking against alsa. As I think voxin ensure alsa
devel libs are installed in order to support outloud, it is likely many
people have dectalk linked against alsa rather than pulse as there are
no other obvious dirvers to install the pulse development files.