[Emacspeak] Bug: emacspeak-widget doesn't autoload

emacspeak-widget doesn't seem to be automatically loading for me, Emacs 29.2, Emacspeak from git, 1af9f655. I tested with m-x customize-variable espeak-default-speech-rate, and trying to save brings up the menu instead of the minibuffer.

My init file only has one line:
(load-file "/home/tyler/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")

Adding (require 'emacspeak-widget) gets it working.