[Emacspeak] Phasing out the Mac speech server?

Hi Raman et al,
I’m working on bringing the Swiftmac set up into Emacspeak, and I was wondering if there are any opinions on how we should phase out the Mac server.
We can do the “remove the bandaid” mode and just rename Mac-voices. El to swiftmac-voices.el, to keep with the convention of each server having its own <server>-voices.el, and this is all assuming that in the next version, the Mac server will be gone completely, so we won’t need Mac-voices.el.
Another way could be to create swiftmac-voices.el so that we can slowly phase out Mac-voices.el and the Mac speech server. Emacspeak will then use Swiftmac and the swiftmac-voices.el by default in the `voice-setup` function, but if things break, someone could manually set the speech server to Mac using C-e d s Mac <RET>.
Having worked at corporate for more than a healthy number of years, I’m leaning toward number 2, but I also don’t want to make us unnecessarily slow.
Thanks!