Re: [Emacspeak] Some auditory icon related bugs/issues

The problematic defcustom is for emacspeak-play-program not sox-play. It
is defined as

(defcustom emacspeak-play-program
  (or emacspeak-pactl sox-play)
  "Play program.
Pulse: For systems running Pipewire or Pulseaudio.
sox-play: For systems using SoX as the local player.
None: For systems that rely on the speech server playing the icon."
  :type
  '(choice
    (const  :tag "None" nil)
    (const  :tag "Pulse" "/usr/bin/pactl")
    (const  :tag "SoX" "/usr/local/bin/play"))
  :set
  #'(lambda(sym val)
      (set-default sym val)
      (cond; only 3 valid states:
       ((null val) (setq ems--play-args nil)) ; serve icons
       ((string= emacspeak-pactl val); pactl: play-sample
        (setq ems--play-args "play-sample"))
       ((or  (string= "/usr/bin/play" val); sox-play: play file
             (string= "/usr/local/bin/play" val))
        (setq ems--play-args "-q -v 0.4"))))
  :group 'emacspeak)