Problems with W3 and eterm

I have been trying to setup Emacspeak for awhile and seem to have it
functional preety well.  However, I have not had much luck getting W3 and
eterm to function to the point of being usefull.

On W3, when you use the "n" key to go to the next link, it doesn't speak
the text description of the link, it speaks the actual http:// address,
which doesn't really help someone looking for a specific link.  I have
searched for an option to change this behavior but haven't been able to
find one.  Also, on startup of W3, it says "this appears to be an older
version of W3 that is no longer supported by Emacspeak", however, I have
downloaded and installed the newest release version of W3 available.

As to etern, everything SEEMS to work fine, but I'm not quite sure how to
get things like pine to work with it, or lynx for that matter.  Any ideas
how to add the eterm entry into the terminfo file so that processes know
how to use an "eterm"?

Anyone have any ideas on either of the two?
Thanks!
Cj Bowman