Emacspeak, Slashdot and W3?

I used to be able to listen to www.slashdot.org quite
easily. Recently, however, they appear to have converted their pages
to a two-column layout. Granted, parts of their pages have always used
two columns, but in the past this was only a screen or two, and I was
able to train myself to only listen to the first column, ignoring text
that I new was in the second. :)

The new two-column format is more difficult to read, though, so I'm
wondering if Emacspeak has any built-in facilities that might make
this easier? Are the columns formatted using table tags? If so, maybe
the standard table-reading commands will work...

                                           Nolan Darilek
                                        nolan_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           nolan@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                      nolan_d@xxxxxxxxxxx