log of a newbie 02/15/99

Hi all,

Well, here am I, in VM; to paraphrase the Bard of Avon.  I like the program.  I have some questions as usual.

First, after composing an msg, I type c-c c-s and it gets sent.  I was told to type c-x k to kill the window and go back to the other summary window, but it doesn't work.  I get a message "sending default email addy."  In other words it says the bit about the default, and plunks me in the history list.  I have been typing m-x vm to get back to the summary window, but is there an easier way?

My other problem is that I delete messages, but they don't go away, they are still listed in the inbox.  It doesn't help to quit the program.  All the deleted messages came back with 'u' in front of them, as if they'd been undeleted.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Ann P.