Re: ViaVoice now available for Linux

>>>>> "Whistler" == Whistler  <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Whistler> ... truthfully I don't see the big deal it is an input
Whistler> method not an output method...

I disagree, I think it is a 'big deal'.  It is unfortunate that there
is not a powerfull open source freeware speech input system to combine
with emacspeak, but until there is, the combination of viavoice and
emacspeak could well open up the internet to folks unable to use
conventional input methods.

Speech input has a long way to go and it may still be a 'loose'
compaired to conventional input methods, but compaired to 'no input'
it offers quite a bit.

I would be more than willing to host the 'emacstalk' list - dedicated
to emacs speech input!  Any takers?

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman