remote emacspeak

One thing to note, "whoami" is a different command from "who am i"
which has a space in between the words.  "whoami" (no spaces) only
returns the user name.  "who am i" returns more information.  Was that
the point a point of confusion?

If not, the who command is available in the gnu shell utilities
package and is not shell dependent.  If "who am I" does not work on
your syustem try installing (or forcing which a full path name) the
gnu version.  What system is this a problem on?  (You can write me
privately as this is kind of off topic for emacspeak, once we fix it,
you can post a summary.)

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman