Re: Help with DoubleTalk's

> Ok, I've got the doubletalk card working using the dtlk.o module.
> it works great (speaks and stuff)
> but i can't configure emacspeak to work with it.
>
> the makefile doesn't have any info on it.

you want to set the DTK_PORT and DTK_PROGRAM environment variables.

DTK_PORT should be the name of the device file that the synthesizer
uses and DTK_PROGRAM should be the name of the speech server to use to
talk to the synthesizer. see the emacspeak-ss package for a speech
server that can talk to the doubletalk.

--Will