line echo and auto-fill-mode

    Greg> When taking notes or typing email I like working
    Greg> with word and character echo off and line echo on.
    Greg> However, if auto fill mode is on I then only hear
    Greg> the last peice of the line read (the part that is
    Greg> the current line) and I do not hear those parts of
This sounds as it should be
--line echo speaks the line that you moved off of.
Anyway, it's another of those things where the classic
MS style tech support answer is the most coegent
 --if it does that "dont do that".

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc