[Emacs/W3 volunteers]

---- Begin included message ----
Hello everyone, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to everyone about
your very generous offers to help with Emacs/W3.  I really have not been
able to do it justice in the last 18 months. :(

Here is a list of the areas that people volunteered to work on.

Daniel LaLiberte <liberte@w3.org> - Maintainer / patch clearing house
Milan Zamazal <mz@pdm.pvt.net>    - Possible SSL work
Stuart Feerick <smf26@cam.ac.uk>  - Possible SSL work, hotlist enhancements
Thierry Emery  <Thierry.Emery@alcatel.fr> - Bug fixes (frames, images)
William Perry <wmperry@gnu.org>   - URL library
Geoff Berry <gcb@cs.duke.edu>     - w3-display speed improvements
<davinci@iprolink.ch>             - General help
raman@cs.cornell.edu              - Aural output via Emacspeak

Me (again) - Mailing list maintenance, etc.

A few things are going to change real quickly (like tomorrow):

   If everyone still wants to get involved with Emacs/W3, w3-dev@xemacs.org
   is the list to subscribe to.  This should be for everyone who is
   actively discussing patches / new code / etc.  To get new bug reports,
   w3-bugs@xemacs.org is the one to use.

   w3-beta@xemacs.org - replaces w3-beta@indiana.edu for general purpose
   discussions, etc.

   w3-announce@xemacs.org - replaces w3-announce@indiana.edu for
   announcements of releases, etc.

2) ftp access will be through ftp.xemacs.org and mirror sites.
   ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/emacs-w3

3) CVS will move to xemacs.org at some point I think.  I'll have to see
   what we can do about setting up CVS write access for you guys.

One thing I am looking at first is being able to have a lisp interface to
the libwww from the W3C.  This would get us things like HTTP/1.1 and HTTPNG
for free.  I think it should be pretty simple, we'll see.  I'm going to
write it as a plugin for XEmacs first, and then work on getting it into
Emacs after that.

Thanks for the offers everyone, I hope you can still help.

-Bill P.

--
Best Regards,
--raman