the BBC has moved

Anne --
I'm surprized the old realplayer doesn't play the BBC url I
sent.

I switched to using the G2 player a while ago -and that guy
does insist on having X around.

All I do is run X in a separate virtual console --
I then have a small rap shell script appended below that
launches realplay --the G2 player.

Here is what you do:

1) On your Linux box, hit alt-F6
--this gets you to virtual console 6

2) Login at that console and type xinit
at the prompt
--this starts a minimal X session --leave this guy running
permanently.
3) Now switch back t the virtual console where you are
running emacspeak --assuming this is virtual console 1 you
now hit
control-alt-F1
Now forget all about X --here is the simple rap script I use
#!/bin/sh
RAP=/usr/bin/realplay
DISPLAY=":0.0"
export DISPLAY