doubletalk pc - server is not working correctly

Hi all:

I just got a doubletalk PC today. I used the doubletalk server from emacspeak-ss 1.5 and emacspeak 11.0 on a RedHat 6.1 system with kernel 2.2.13. I also download the dtlk-1.19.tar.gz and looked at the install script to find the proper mknod command to use to create the /dev/dtlk device file. However, the doubletalk speaks only a small portion of the text on a line, does not speak after a tone command, and worst of all will not speak a whole buffer. Anything I can do about this?

--
Jacob Schmude
MailTo:jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxx