W3 question

I have installed W3 but can't get it to work.  I could ahve done something
wrong when installing it bsince there was no installation docs in the 3.0
or the 3.0.86 releases that I downloaded from leb.net.  If anyone got
these packages installed and can help me please email me and tell me if
there is something special I ahve to do other than just make and make
install when root.

Ken