calc not speaking properly

first specify what version of emacspeak --of course after
upgrading t the newest release

    "Jacob> Hi Calc isn't speaking properly. When I open it,
    "Jacob> it speaks the copyright, not the usual welcome
    "Jacob> message. Then, when I turn on fraction mode or
    "Jacob> something that uses the mode command, it just
    "Jacob> says "calc mode" and does not speak the mode
    "Jacob> status. Anyone know what's going on?

    "Jacob> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    "Jacob> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    "Jacob> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject
    "Jacob> of "unsubscribe" or "help"

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc