[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
emacspeak-12.0 and slakware
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: emacspeak-12.0 and slakware
- From: Lawrence Baggett <baggett@euclid.Colorado.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:27:25 -0600 (MDT)
- Old-Return-Path: <baggett@euclid.Colorado.EDU>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 12:27:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"qL_Z8C.A.oCH.zhsI5"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few comments on installing emacspeak-12.0
using slakware 7.0.
1. The structure of the files in emacspeak-12.0 is different
from earlier versions, in that there are more subdirectories.
For instance, the subdirectory `lisp' contains the important file
The Big Boss's instructions in the Makefile are therefore a bit confusing.
It says there that we should add a line in our .emacs file
that loads the file `emacspeak_dir/emacspeak-setup.el', where
the directory emacspeak_dir is the directory where the Makefil resides.
Unfortunately the file emacspeak-setup.el is not in that top directory.
There are two options I found that work:
(a) just put the command `emacspeak' in your .profile file.
(b) load the file `/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el'
in your .emacs file.
2. I am using an accent speech synthesizer, and
I couldn't get emacspeak-12.0 to work originally.
I discovered that the speech server files are again no longer
in the top directory of the emacspeak-12.0, but rather are in a subdirectory
My solution was to copy my accent speech server file to the directory
Everything worked fine then.
I imagine that the same trick would be required for the other alternative servers, e.g.,
apolo, braille and speak, etc.
Incidentally, I did not have the difficulties in installing emacspeak-12.0
mentioned by Dave in an earlier email. A few places during installation I got
a message saying that certain "functions" were not known to be defined, but no missing files
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |